Tuesday, March 16, 2010

015.

"Take it from an ex-squatter, you're not failing at anything. You're following your heart. Honestly, it sounds like you're succeeding more than most people I know. Fuck school, fuck work, fuck the system. The future is relative. What is the future? 5 minutes from now? Tomorrow? Now if the only thing that matters. Keep following your heart. That's the only way to find true happiness. It's pathetic that so many people are brainwashed into thinking that what they are told is right rather what they want is right. I think it's crazy we haven't talked at all before this, haha. I'm glad this conversation happened."

This right here was the best thing about my trip, a conversation via text message with someone back home. Not to say the rest of the trip wasn't fun, but if anything..it was worth it for this. Because if I hasn't confined in a friend of a friend that I was currently in North Carolina because I just took off looking for something, anything, resembling happiness or adventure or feelings of "right", I wouldn't have received that. If I hadn't been in North Carolina at the time, this conversation never would of taken place.
Saved in my phone, I'll probably read it once a day.

Someone else gets it.
Last August. September. October.
I felt feelings I’d never known before in October. Those kinds of feelings are my favorite. Really knowing you’re experiencing something for the first time. I never knew what feeling FREE was like before then. My ‘fall break’. Sleeping on Tyler Mullen’s couch, no money to my name.. I felt more alive than anyone else in the world. I was on a completely different level. I was so detached from everyone else, but in a good way. I was very, very care free. I don’t even think words do justice. I will keep searching and searching until I know it again.

No comments: