Saturday, March 27, 2010

022.

Perfect is: being completely content spending Friday night alone spontaneously driving to Washington D.C. listening to the same The Sidekicks and The Loved Ones mix CD over and over the entire trip, drinking a Slurpee, arriving at a house show just as Touche Amore is about to play, screaming your heart out to a majority of the songs on one of your favorite albums in the entire world, having the cops show up and bust it right as the last song is ending, and driving home feeling truly happy.

"You let your doubt lead you like a river on and on. And you will never get back to save what you had. Hear me promise, I will bury your problems in me. So sleep soundly. I held your heart in my fingers. Now it's gone, it's gone, it's gone. And you will never admit that you bid the wind blow the flames out and buried the coals in the sea. You tricked me."

Why is it so much can happen in 3 weeks time? In so many different ways.
Looking back so far, 2010 has just been one huge mindfuck.
I don't see that changing anytime soon, but I think I'm more prepared now.

No comments: