Saturday, March 13, 2010

011.

Last night I was up until 4 am. I don't remember the last time I saw 4 am, it's been a month or two now I suppose.
I still woke up at 9.

I'm getting used to it, I never thought I'd see the day I enjoyed being up "early".

Last night/Thursday was also just...inspiring. Everything about it. It made me realize there's still good, genuinely nice people out there. Fact: most people are shitty, but I just really love good people.

Myself, Melissa, Orion, and Sydney when to dinner at Peace a Pizza, Orion paid for a whole cheeseless pizza and we hung out and ate and Orion and I talked about hitchhiking to Knoxville, Tennessee in a few weeks. We also talked about how Chris Geddis has been talking about doing some train hopping when it gets a bit warmer, and I think I've basically gotten an invite. It's funny how these things I always wanted (even just TALKING to Chris about trains/traveling) are just falling into my lap now. Chris would be bringing his puppy too :D!!! Although Orion made a good point, "I don't know how I feel about it though. Holding a pitbull running next to a moving train, throwing my pitbull onto the moving train, and throwing myself onto a moving train with an angry pitbull" hahaha. I'm glad Orion's becoming a better friend lately. It's cool meeting people with similar interests, intellegent conversation and a whole library of books for me to borrow.

After dinner the 4 of us went to the screening Orion was putting on at UD of When The Night Comes. I don't know the name of the organization but it's a lot like all of the invisible children things and I believe Melissa and me will be voluenteering at their event in Philadelphia on April 24th. It's for the awareness of Malaria in Africa. It was seriously so sad, but I finally feel the need to go out and help and do something reinstated in my mind. SO I will.

After that we hung out for an hour or 2, walked around Newark, and talked. It was such a good night, so many plans and just being out and feeling ..right? Yes, I felt right. Then we went to this poetry night thing that Orion goes to every Thursday. It was just some random house, with a bunch of people and it was one of the coolest things I've ever experienced. We walk in and no one looks at you funny, just interested. One of the guys pointed out me and Melissa and told us to come back all the time. Everyone was so different and unusual but just seemed so genuine. We meet Colin, the big black guy sitting next to the chair me and Mellie shared, and some how within the first 5 minutes of us being there I'm in the middle of the room being taught how to punch correctly. We were there for a few hours, listening to some amazing things, and it was the kind of thing I just love experiencing. We're definitely going back.

These are the nights that feel like my life. Always something new, random, and exciting.

Sitting there, I was overwhelmed with the tour-feeling. I want to be back in an unfamiliar, potentially uncomfortable place. I didn't want to go home and sleep in my own (well sort of) bed that night. I wanted nothing more than to be curling up on some strangers couch or throwing my sleeping bag down in a free corner in an unknown house and sleeping the night away. Just to wake up in the morning, eat breakfast with unfamiliar faces, and move on to the next strange town just to do it all again.

No comments: