Friday, December 31, 2010

'10

A year ago right now I was walking around Reyoldstown, Atlanta, Georgia with Garrett, Tyler and Bill. I was probably standing in line at Best Buy with Tyler while he wasted his gift card on junk food and I was laughing at him for it, along with the employee ringing it up. That morning I had woken up and walked to the Barnes and Noble to change, get ready, brush my teeth, etc. We drove around Atlanta, under this bridge covered in awesome graffiti and wandered around Ikea for a while. We went to Taco Bell and Bill got cheese in his beard and I thought I was going to vomit, we went to Wal Mart and I was overly excited about all the cheap vegan food I could buy since I had $17 for all of tour. We went back to the house we were staying at (the second of two nights, however still technically the first because Garrett, Tyler and I had slept in the van the night before), took showers and basically brought in the new year sitting around the living room, watching Inglorious Basterds (which might be my least favorite movie ever) and I tried to not let the boys' shitty attitudes bring me down as I tried to see fireworks out the window.
Despite being on tour with negative people and some that aren't too nice to you, the best part of welcoming in 2010 was doing so traveling.

And I don't think anything could of been any more prophetic, or a glimpse into how the whole year was going to be, than that specific fact (including that 10 months later I'd be driving through that graffiti covered bridge again in my own car with all different people, visiting Atlanta kids I didn't even know existed a year ago). I really found what I love most on that tour; being in a new city every night, wandering around places i've never been, making new friends and just generally traveling- where my heart really is and stays even when I'm not.
I spent the rest of 2010 doing those things as much as possible. As much as I hope 2011 brings new things, experiences and doesn't feel the exact same, I hope this isn't an aspect of my life that ever changes unless it's towards something more.

No comments: