Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"The tighter I hold on the deeper down I'm sinking."


Melissa just ordered our day passes for the pitchfork music festival in Chicago.

We'll leave around July 14th, spend a few days in Chi-town, see Modest Mouse, probably sit on the ground crying because they'll play every song we want (need) to hear, and then drive 90 mph to Berea, Ohio for the first night of Berea Fest. We'll camp out, go to the second day, and then drive home around the 18th. I'll see Paul Baribeau finally, and Theo is playing and Algernon.
Melissa and me seeing Algernon together in OHIO is easily one of the most in your face "everything in life happens for a reason and everything comes full circle at some point" moments we will ever live. O FUCKING HIO.

Now Nick and Andrew might be coming along for the trip as well. And Stacy (hopefully, I don't know how I could possibly see Paul B or Theo without her next to me) if she doesn't get the internship she applied for. 4 of my best friends in the whole world. In my car, just after my 20th Birthday, in Chicago..states away. I am so so ready.

No matter how I feel right now, this summer I will be alive alive alive. More than anyone else could possibly fathom.

No comments: