Monday, November 29, 2010

whole arm

It's realizing that I always feel better when I'm in some "different" situation, when I'm far away from...well, something. Whatever exactly it is that holds me back from feeling free.
It's realizing that I can travel a few more miles and hear adorable twangy southern accents.
It's realizing some of my favorite people are only a state line or two away rather than in an entire different region of the country.
That I could hop on another bus and be on your doorstep in 4 hours, rather than 14 hours.
It's friendly strangers and finding hope that feels nonexistent in the places I've been going "home" to the last few years.
It's remembering that nothing is too serious and to not hold back or get stressed out because things will work out however they're supposed to and even if they don't, hey you're gonna die some day so be happy today and not worry so much about the rest and enjoy everything for what it is.

No comments: