Thursday, May 6, 2010

004.

My grandma had to borrow my car yesterday and didn't get home til 7 so I missed Touche Amore and Lewd Acts. I'm bummed about Touche, but I've seen them 4 times already so I'll suck it up. It wasn't the greatest show, but Converge is still flawless. Absolutely flawless. I just don't think anything will ever compare to the first time(s) I saw them. Not only did they play my dream set last year, but it was a during a weekend that changed me and I was standing next to my best friend and had my head in my hands the minute I heard the beginning of The Saddest Day. It was surreal. Last night when they started to play Heartache I literally was back in the FU Church, standing next to Tyler, hyperventilating hahah. I don't know what to say about Thursday really, I wasn't dissappointed..but it also wasn't what I was expecting either. I don't know what it is- the fact that I've seen them 8 times now, how much my music taste has changed, the setting (not seeing them with Stacy), but something was different. They'll always be a very memorable band for me, but maybe just a thing of the past. It was cool to drive around DC a little, and hanging out with Joey some was nice too! It was an extremely loud show as well, my ears are still ringing.

Today I wasn't feeling very well. But I decided maybe seeing some friends would help even though I didn't really feel like leaving the house. So I forced myself into driving up to Newark and I hung out with Melissa, Andrew, Joanna and Brett for awhile. Various other people were around for a little while too- Zoe, Tyler, Bret, Buff, Kyle, Nick C, etc. And of course I'm glad I went, I laughed, I felt better.

Andrew and me are so much better, it makes me so happy. It almost feels totally normal between us again. (When I showed up at Buff's late Saturday night after Nick and Melissa picked me up from the airport, the minute I walked in Andrew walked up to me and gave me the biggest hug he ever has and wouldn't let go. Yeah he was drunk, but it was still good.) Why it ever gets weird, I'll never know. Tyler felt normal too. I don't seem either of them very often, but I'm glad it still feels right. I miss my best friends a whole lot, they'll always be around though. I just know I'll always be stuck reaching for the past, the way things once were, in some form or another.

How YEARS just go by so fast blows my mind, I hate that they're just faster and faster each year as well.
(Aug '08) Almost 17, 16 and barely 18 :)

Years, years, years


This weekend is going to be absolutely amazing, can't wait.
Shows and trips and best friends as always.

No comments: