Friday, May 14, 2010

010.

I'm currently sitting on a couch (see also: my bed for the weekend) in a living room in New Haven, Connecticut. Yesterday Chrystina and I left Philadelphia and came up here to visit Mitch, and in return an Andy and Nemo!! as well. We ate way too many sour patch kids, got lost in New Jersey (of course, fuck you google maps), I took a nap and woke up to Chrystina saying "Sup....Damian", and we arrived at a show only to see a swamp.

The show was decent, I told a boy he was cute and saw Spraynard for the 1000th time in the past few weeks...they have to think I'm stalking them, especially having seen them in so many random places. Philly, Baltimore, Brooklyn and Connecticut. Fucking Connecticut. We came back to they boys' apartment and ate vegan pizza from Rhode Island, which TOTALLY filled a void of something in my life hahah, and played Monopoly Deal and drank rootbeer. Oh the joys of a bunch of straight edge vegan kids. I really, really enjoyed the night.

Today I woke up to a puppy jumping on me, which is always my favorite, and we went on an adventure driving around the city to find Whole Foods. We bought things for vegan nachos and I really like New Haven. It's cute and the weathers been really nice. All the houses are so little with adorable balconies. Chrystina and I both had a dream last night that I worked at Happy Harry's again, which is weird and we danced to some Gaga and sang some Saves the Day. We ate nachos, drank milkshakes, played more Monopoly Deal (WHICH I ALMOST WON FINALLY), laughed about ridiculous things (I really get along with these guys, and I'm happy about it) and tonight we're probably going to a $4 midnight showing of Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

The only strange (maybe bad?) thing I could write about is the way my emotions show on my face nowadays, which isn't something I'm used to. On the car ride up Chrystina and I put in a old Spill Canvas CD just for fun and my mind started to wander and I was feeling a little sad and Chrystina suddenly takes the CD out and said "I've never seen you look so sad, time for a better album". I couldn't believe I could wear something that plain on my face, that's very very new to me. I don't know how I could change like that.

But anyways, I'm really enjoying this trip. I feel like myself. I'm far from home, my phone is dead, I have no money...just the way I like it. It feels right.
I'm having a good weekend and it's only Friday :)


Everyone else is in another room or napping and I'm hanging out with Nemoz<3

1 comment:

melissastafford said...

steal da pup. he can stay in my basement with the others til we move into our house.