Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cut Short/Damages Winter Tour '09/'010 (part 2)

Day 4- Augusta, Georgia
Wake up, everyone goes to waffle house sans Tyler, Dom, and I. We sit around talking for a few hours, get changed, etc. I tell Dom about Bills little rules/list of things I couldn't bring. Everyone else gets back, Ryan bought a purple shirt with mushrooms on it..he wears it the rest of tour. Everyone hates Bill, and their tolerance of him for the rest of tour is done for. Kyle keeps calling him Wiener Bill. We leave for Georgia, and stop at the Augusta Mall. I walk around with Tyler, and don't feel like being there. I hated SC for ruining my mentality. I wouldn't get it back for another night or two. I beat myself up when I'm too quiet. It's like 1 pm, Drew and Mike are drunk again already. Eventually we head to the venue, it's pretty cool. The show has a surprisingly okay turn out. Drew calls me Tes, it's ok. Dom tells me I can come to Texas with Damages so I can see La Dispute even though Cut Short isn't going, so stoked. It starts raining and I'm so scared the weather's gonna get bad. We part ways with Damages and head to Atlanta. We're staying at some girl's house, of course I'm not a happy camper with this idea. Although the night ended good to me, we got there and Hardside was there (hahahahaha) and no one really said hi so we just kind of stood around really awkwardly. Eventually I see Tyler and Garrett disappear and follow them and ask where they're going and they say sleeping in the van and I won't let them leave me so Tyler tells me to grab my things. We go to the van, ditch Bill, leave our things, and they tell me we're going for a walk. So it's 3 am and we're aimlessly walking around Atlanta. I'm feeling a little more alive again.

We find a 'haunted house', creepiest thing ever..there was a face just starring at us in the window. That's a story in itself. We go to Vanny Devito to sleep and it's absolutely freezing. Of course we go to the south during the week the lows are breaking records. Tyler makes me a really comfy bed though, more concerned with my comfort than his own of course.

Day 5/Off day/New Years Eve/Atlanta, Georgia-
We don't wake up til like noon and I'm avoiding going into the house at all costs, so I take a walk alone and get changed in the Barnes and Noble bathroom. It's new years eve. We all meet up and just walk around, go to Best Buy, some little coffee shop. Tyler takes me to see some graffiti. I'm realizing the repeating train theme, every single place we play, every place we stay, there is literally tracks right next to it. I've never felt like I'm getting some kind of sign shoved right in my face so much.

We go back to the van and decide to drive around, go to Ikea, and maybe a Lemuria show. I fell in love with Atlanta. I've never seen so much graff everywhere, it was mind blowing to all of us. Ikea is always fun, we stop at taco bell and Bill has cheese stuck in his beard. My mood could be better. We go to Wal Mart and Tyler follows me in, I get two boxes of Capri Sun for $2..stoked. Mood improved. We go back to Kayla's and it's not so bad this time. Shower. Write a letter. Sit around watching Inglorious Basterds, midnight hits. "It's midnight." "Fuck New Years." The only person who said happy new year to me was my mom and Chrystina. Tyler hit me harder than he ever has, I make him apologize. I got the couch, we fall asleep early.


Day 6/Tupelo, Mississippi-
Woke up, said goodbye to everyone, left for the drive to Mississippi. I think maybe this was the only morning I didn't get woken up by being verbally assaulted or by Garrett throwing/hitting me with things. Crossed over into Alabama, the first state I had never been too so far on tour. Alabama has to be the funniest state I've ever been to. Almost puked at this one gas station because the entire town smelled so bad.

Birmingham was cool though, and I got really hyper and started dancing and I don't think Tyler's laughed that hard at me before. He also kept covering my eyes because we crossed the most insane train yard. I need that feeling back again.
I took over driving, Damages called saying the show might be moved, so we had to stop and waste some time so we went to a random Wal Mart that I'm pretty sure has to be one of the one you'd see in thepeopleofwalmart.com. We ended up still playing Mississippi, so we get there after a long drive in the middle of nowhere but it was fine because Tyler sat shot gun with me and played some good tunes. The show is literally IN a storage unit. Confusion. Eventually Michigan arrives, and some more kids, Drew tells me all about Serenity Now (legal weed) and the weirdest list of ingredients ever, and I happily drink my capri sun. It's so cold. I'm scared to tell Bill and/or Garrett I'm leaving with Damages to go to Texas after the show tonight. Tyler hates me for leaving him with them. The playing of the storage unit happens, Mikey Wiggerant happens, leaving for the 11 hour drive to Fort Worth/Dallas, Texas happens.

No comments: