Monday, October 20, 2008

Philly: Night 2

So after watching the sunrise and having no idea what to do since there's a no sleep rule in the Penthouse, we finally decided to up the punx and break the rules, theres two huge couches just the right size to sleep on, so around 7:30 am we put ourselves to bed..only to get woken up at 8 allowed to go back to our room.

We slept til 12, ate breakfast in the caf, and decided to go to barnes and noble, and the shopped with out money at H&M and Urban Outfitters. I found the most amazing winter coat at H&M but almost cried when the tag read $100. But I asked my mom to pay for half of it, and she agreed. I'm so excited to go back on Friday and get it. I had to work on my photography project so we were walking around doing that and trying to decide what our plans for the night should be. During that time is when the weirdest thing I saw that day happend: There was this man in a convertable, driving down Chesnut, blasting what could have been Aretha Franklin, but was definitely a black woman 60's style singer, singing along. I kind of smiled at it at first, but when I looked back he has the creepiest grin on his face and he was starring at us. We smiled back, sort of, and then looked at each other. He was also wearing a sailor hat, holding a huge cross that was hanging from his rear view mirror in one hand, and using the other to kind of throw out the side of the car moving it along with the song. We gave money to some kind bums, and I remembered this cool Ice Cream Parlor I'd heard of so we went back to Moore to Google it.

We ate dinner in the caf, I met some nice people, and then me, stace, and rachael took the subway to Penn's Landing and went to Frankin's Fountain. It's this adorable 1930's style ice cream parlor. We ate and then took the train back to Moore, froze, and then everyone did homework which was find by me since I brought my Art History to do on the train. It was a lovely night, I think visiting Stace is going to be one of my favorite pasttimes this winter.

No comments: