Friday, March 22, 2013

I don't know how much I believe in there being "the one".
The very unfamiliar rational version of myself knows how unlikely it is that in a world so large, there's so few possibilities for love.

But the more familiar irrational version of me is scared you were it and now you're gone.

The absences are always noticed.

I know months from now I won't feel this way. If you're not in my life, I'll look back and wonder how I ever felt that way because you were the one for the person I was then and not who I am now.
I've been there before, I've done that before.

But it doesn't make the facts untrue, the way I've never felt so comfortable so fast with any one before, the way you made me feel things I forgot how to feel.

In an alternate universe, there was so many possibilities.
Yet in this one, there was nothing but our lives working against the possibility of us.

So here I am, 3,000 miles away with just a memory of holding your hand in the dark car and some dried up flowers I left in California.

No comments: