Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Montana

Last night might have been the best night of 2011 so far. The show didn't start until almost ten and round 9 Sascha and I went over to the neighbors house to tell them about the noise (we had never met them before, let alone really seen them and we actually thought they were old people- we were totally wrong) and their response was so great, "You don't have to worry about us. Be as loud as you want." Best new show house in Asheville?

Old Fling played first and they were super good. I stood around drinking my forty and dancing on the couch. I finally met the infamous Matt Evans and after sobering up I came to realize when he asked me, "Can I put up a flyer on your door?" it was actually code for, "Can I put up flyers all over your house?" Not that I mind, it was just funny to even walk into the garage and see one on the door out there too. They covered 'Hey Jealousy' last and that was a lot of fun, started my dancing around the living room.

Ardilla, Melody and I hid in my room for awhile talking. I think it's so funny out of any of the people I knew about in the whole Kentucky crowd they're the last ones I think I'd be friends with that I'm not already. But they're great.

The Taxpayers played second and although they didn't play that many songs I wanted to hear/knew, it was still sososo much fun. Having the show at MY house where I don't have to go anywhere, feel awkward, pay, get to make a million new friends and then can go to bed minutes later might be my new favorite thing. I feel kind of silly gushing about it but it's new to me. That whole band is so, so nice (which gives me hope for Portland!). Danielle is the sweetest. Melody and I, and then Ardilla and Joey all slow danced together to their second to last song.

After their set I just kind of wanted to hang out, not be sweaty anymore, observe. So I talked to some people and stood to the side being happy. Sascha came and kissed me on the cheek and that whole situation is weird and lovely all at once. We both had drank a forty but weren't drunk compared to usual at all.

Popes played last and they were fun. They covered a Cure song. Eventually things started to dwindle down and I headed to bed since I have work at ten. I said bye to everyone, and goodnight to the kids staying over after I collected all the blankets I could find.

Then I kissed someone. I've never kissed anyone first before.

My life is taking so many turns for great things, or at least just continuing to surprise me like usual.

More cute text messages from another boy far away has my heart in so many places though.

No comments: