Saturday, October 23, 2010

23

Last Night was Tigers Jaw at The Fire. I went and met up ("surprised") Melissa, Brett, Joanna, Zoe, Ashley, Casey and Chris. Nora was there, that was exciting. As was Mitch- someone I met at Crucial Fun. I also Met Hunter and saw/said hi to DJ, Vinny and Adam. As horrible as it could sound, it's nice to be somewhere people know me again. I don't feel like I need to be a center of attention or known or anything like that, it's just nice. I guess it's what makes home feel more like home.

Stacy and I also went to Grindcore house yesterday (an all vegan cafe/coffe house), I have a feeling I'm going to spend a lot of my winter here. (I'm here right now, it's so awesome to be able to have somewhere to go, get a vegan chai latte, use their wifi, write and read all while Fugazi or Doomriders is playing over the speakers.

After the show, there was about a hundred parties going on and Brett, Melissa and I couldn't decide what to do for the life of us. We ended up getting dropped off in West Philly and when it came down to it we stood around talking to Steph and Brie for about an hour outside Pilam, freezing. Then walked the rest of the way to 49th and Baltimore, got tofu from Lucky's and spent the night at Melissa's sister & her boyfriend's apartment. The ground we slept on was like concrete, but I think I love that after all the random places we've slept and traveled over summer..I think we could fall asleep anywhere and I was just really happy to be warm.

I have the worst blisters in the world on my feet right now, my legs are actually sore from biking all over the place (speaking of which..I need to get all the way to Trader Joe's to see if it still exists) and my knee is ridiculous swollen, I have no idea why. I'm back at Chrystina's in South Philly now and I'm not quite sure I have it in me to walk anywhere else today. Mostly because I think my feet will start bleeding or just fall off. There's about another 100 shows/parties again tonight, but all the plans kind of fell apart. Mostly because I'm feeling a little down, I shouldn't be, but I'm not even going to complain about it because I'm waiting for it to pass. That stupid perpetual searching for something more feeling. Never content. I hate the cold.

No comments: