Monday, July 26, 2010

years

I woke up to a text from Melissa talking about how much she misses how things were 2-3 years ago. It caused me to go and look back too, and even then at 17- just out of high school with no idea where to go, all I cared about was being surrounded by my friends and BEING HAPPY. Things are so, so, so different now. But that fact has never changed. Being happy and hanging out with the people I love has always remained the most important aspect of my life and the only thing I've ever felt truly matters. Back then I didn't know where I was going, I just wanted to achieve those things. Now 2-3 years later, that is exactly my life consists of to such an intense degree.

Everything turned out just the way it should of.

I also talked rather frequently about just leaving. Just getting in my car and taking off. This is another thing that I eventually never stopped feeling and made a reality.

I did everything I said I would. All those feelings that used to fill me up and make me so, so restless never resided. And eventually things made sense. I always knew what I needed and wanted, and they manifested themselves in the best ways possible. I waited it out, knowing it all meant something..and it turned out I was right. And now 2-3 years later, I'm living the life I could FEEL back then. That I knew was waiting for me somewhere. Most days I feel so young, definitely not 20 years old. But then I look back at who the person I was at 17 and 18 years old, and the amount I've changed is absolutely noticeable. I see things a lot more clearly. I don't feel so lost. I've really become someone I want to be.

And I'm happier than I ever have been.

No comments: