Monday, July 12, 2010

003/Birthday.

The 9th, the day before my birthday. I became entirely skeptical over whether I was going to have a good birthday at all after what's been going on lately. But Melissa borrowed her sister's car so we could still go to The Sidekicks show in Jersey so her, Brett and I did so. Just a little while into the car ride I had laughed enough to where I was finally happy and not teary-eyed anymore and didn't feel quite so sick. After a long car ride we got to the show at the shore in Long Branch, NJ. We thought we might of missed it but we got there just as Foxes and Lions started playing. Matt, the Sidekick's drummer, was outside and recognized me and let us in for free because literally no one was there. They basically just kept asking us what songs we wanted to hear and if that night had been my birthday it would of been a really, really good one. After their set I bought a shirt and 7" and we talked to them and Melissa's dudes Michael, John and Ryan for awhile..they were super nice. All the dudes in the sidekicks got really excited when I told them I'd be at Berea and Matt offered us to stay with them. My current favorite band, you can guess I'm super stoked on everything that occurred that night. After everyone said by the 3 of us went down to the beach and stripped down to bras and boxers and went night swimming in the ocean. When we left I stole the sidekicks' poster off the bar door, I turned 20 at midnight we drove to Eatontown and got taco bell, got a little lost which is expected in Jersey, stopped in "Georgia" on the way home and drank tea sitting on the trunk and didn't get home til around 4 am.

We slept in pretty late and my grandma came to get me, bought me lunch, I took a shower and things and Melissa and Brett came back to get me again. We spent my birthday driving to Philly, buying alcohol, at a crust punk show underneath a freeway, singing in the car and eating vegan pizza.

Hi, I'm 20 years old.


No comments: