Monday, December 21, 2009

February 2009

As far as I can tell or remember, I went from being excited about the year and happy to completely and totally miserable. I do now blame the weather for this. Every year, these few terribly cold months go pretty unremembered because I block most of it out. The idea of Florida in the winter becomes more and more real every day. Anyways the few days I can still grasp from last Feb-

The month started off waking up in Philly. Punk Rock Flea Market with Stace at the electric factory. It was ridiculously crowded, but I did find a few cool things like season 1 of pete & pete on dvd, and a screen printed poster from a mewithoutYou and Sparta show I went to in early 2007. I ran into Brittany-who had yet to become a good friend, as well as Max, Joey, and Ben. Cut Short played the grange that afternoon. There was the night Melissa and me hung out and decided to finish off the pictures on my disposable camera and get it developed.

And the second jersey trip with Cut Short, realizing again how much fun show's at AJ's house were. Devil's road trip with Melissa and Tiffany, went to concord mall, got dinner at Charcoal pit. I think we thought a guy/tow truck driver was trying to kidnap up at mcdonalds when we stopped to pee. This can explain my mentality that night: "Flying kites. Riding spaceships. Newark with Melissa, ya know?" This is honestly all I remember of February, other than sitting home, not leaving the house except going to yoga/the gym a lot, and being pretty miserable over irrational fears of losing friendships that weren't even close to being lost. I hate when I get like that for periods of time and let days and weeks of my life go to waste. Oh well, February 2009- I will not repeat you.

I feel like this night deserves recognition too. I'm just not sure exactly when it took place. Sometime between Jan 15th and Feb 7th. Hung out at Andrew's with him, Melissa, and Nick. Seriously out of our minds. Attempted to go to taco bell, decided to go to waffle house instead got seated then left, ended up at taco bell again. Finally understood Algernon's lyrics, and slapped legs with Nick. Andrew kept seeing aerosmith and made up this fucking terrfying/hilarious song dance thing. I love that night a lot.

No comments: