Monday, July 13, 2009

003.

Thursday was my birthday dinner. I was feeling a little bummed out about it because some people couldn't come, I was comparing it to last year, etc. But that night ended up being perfectly fine. Actually pretty damn wonderful. Some how, out of the blue, I've felt more comfortable in my own skin and that's lead to me feeling more talkative, outgoing, I really don't know..I just feel a whole lot more comfortable around certain people and it's created a lot more enjoyment in just little situations. Anyways, I waited for Stace to get off work, then went up to meet everyone that WAS coming at the Eagle Diner around 6:30. It was us, Andrew, Drew, Zoe, Tyler, Nick and Kapa. I got some ridiculous presents (Some weird vinyl from Andrew, A dark magic card from Drew, some receipts from Nick, and a dollar from Zoe) and a drawing from Tyler of course. I told him by the time we're not friends anymore my wall will be completely full of them. We ate, talked, Tyler ate some cheese fries with sugar on them, and we left a few hours later. We took some trunk pictures because I love them and then headed towards Main St. I've realized lately my life mostly consists of loitering in various locations no matter where I'm at/who I'm with, but I'm not complaining. We basically hung out around Main the rest of the night. We attempted to play hide and seek but got bored pretty quick, Nick and me thought we saw a ghost. Like legitimately. Then we sat outside Peace a Pizza all night, taking pictures, I made Tyler teach me how to skate board, and I had a lotlotlot of fun. Oh and Andrew almost got beat up by some guy who was obsessed with Youtube. After everyone left, I took Andrew home and me and Stacy just drove around, got a burrito, got a cute voicemail from Kelsey, Lizzy, and Ashley, had a techno dance party, and I turned 19 after midnight and got a zillion texts. My friends R00L.

We didn't go home til after 2 am, and since I can never go right to sleep I stayed up til almost 6 when I had to wake up for nyc at ten. Never ever ever go to the city after 4 hours of sleep. Stace and me took forever to get ready, so we drove up to Hamilton NJ around 12, took the train from there to the city, and got to the city a little before 3. We didn't really have plans other than the mewithoutYou show, so we attempted to find pizza and have a picnic. We ended up walking for like an hour and a half and the planned turned into getting food at the Lyric Diner. I have no idea where I've heard about that place, but I have and it was pretty good. After that we just continued walking. We realized we had no directions to the venue and ended up just finding it based on my obvious AMAZING sense of direction. It was so strange. We found a "private community" that was one of the weirdest things I've ever see, met the cutest old man ever, I got hit on by some really really creepy dude, and we went into a few thrift shops. So. Much. Walking. We went to the show around 7 and sat in line. When we finally got in the venue I was pleasantly surprised that it was a lot smaller than I thought it would be and there was no barrier :D There was one girl between us and the stage and she ended up leaving so we were right in the front. It couldn't have gotten any better. The show was absolutely amazing, that band can not let me down. It was a lot of fun, I wouldn't have rather done anything else than dance to my favorite band on my birthday. I got a really cute shirt too. The show ended around 12:40 and we had to catch the last train back to Jersey at 1:40. We wondered around and eventually found the right subway to take us back to Penn Station and we ended up finding everything/getting there at the perfect time. We got back to the car around 3:15 and headed home. There was some really good songs on the regular radio, and then I came more close than I ever have to falling asleep while driving. We got home are 5:30 while the sun was rising.

Again, I got like no sleep because I didn't fall asleep til like 6 and then we had plans with Brittany the next day at 10. Luckily I had enough time to get ready and Brittany got here, we got Stacy, and headed up to Philly for the first day of punk rock flea market. I don't think I've ever been as tired as I was this day/night. After walking around nyc all day, we walked more than i ever have in philly. The flea market was pretty lame, so we met up with Brandon and Stevie and decided to walk into the city and get iced coffee. After that we went to Rittenhouse and just layed around talking and hanging out for awhile. This is another time when my loitering was very apparent. Around 5 we all realized we were really hungy so we decided to get some "za"' aka pizza. My car was still up by the starlight ballroom so us girls walked back to it to get it. We drove to Brandon's in south Phila to park it there, and then we all talked up to south st for dinner. We sat in the "secret pizza spot" and hung real hard. Some how talk of the movie Hotel For Dogs came up, so our night kind of revolved around renting it. We went back to get Stevie's car and then drove to get the movie. We went home and watched it. I don't really remember it or anything around this time because I was so unbelievably tired I got super moody and just wanted to go to bed. Of course that didn't happen. Ed came over and eventually we decided to whip out the Ouija board. It started pouring and was honestly like a monsoon outside, there was more lightning that I've ever seen. It made it so much more creepier. Ed had me crying in laughter the rest of the night, "Dude if I get possessed, fuck you." The Ouija board was intense, I'll never know if anyone was moving it or not. It spelled out Brandon's initials. Then the boys told us stories about past Ouija board expieriences that were terrifying. Ed got drunk, hit on Stacy, and yelled at Brandon about killing cockroaches. "dude, cockroaches are people too." We sat around and talked and went to bed around 4 am, just to wake up at 9 for the second day of the flea market.

We went around 11, said by to the boys, it was pretty much a bummer again, and then we went to Ihop...which was delicious. Brittany and me discovered our mutual love of baked beans, and we left Phila around 2. We had plans to go to Baltimore to see Toby Foster but we were all so tired it kind of fell apart. Brittany came over for awhile, and we took really needed showers, talked, and laughed about Henry Rollins in a potato sack. I think that was the first time I realized we've actually gotten really close. I'm glad that girl's become such a big part of my life. She left around 8 and then I went over to Zoe's. We weren't there long but after being with the same people all weekend, seeing everyone else felt so good. It also reassured me again that I'm more comfortable around everyone than ever. I love my friends so, so much. I get the feeling it's going to be hard leaving once again. After everyone left there, I took Andrew home, and went over to Tyler's. Kapa was there for awhile, and I hung out just talking til after 1 in the morning. Driving home there was a strange person walking over Summit bridge in the pitch black. Scarriest shit ever.

I finally got to sleep for once, slept into one, went to do some medical insurance shit with my mom, and got invited over to Kapa's for a "pool party". Hung out over there with Andrew, Tyler, Drew, Amy, Zoe, and Maddie all night. I had a lot of fun. I guess there's not much to say, but people swam for awhile and then we just hung out in the basement all night. These kids are kind of my favorites.

I'm feeling pretty happy, more good times are on the way. Thank god. I've been doing things every day, and its not stopping. I couldn't be more glad about that. Bring more on.

No comments: