Tuesday, August 24, 2010

003.

"Spring forward, fall back down. I'm trying not to wonder where you are."

The one thing that has remained constant the past 7 months is me reaching for something that was last fall. I'm not sure what exactly. When I realized how right traveling was going to be for me, being in the city, being so close with Stacy that it honestly scared me, feeling a lot of feelings for the first time. But looking back, I always go back to missing that time. When at the time, it didn't even feel very significant.

Maybe it's just because those were the months were I started to meet the person I am now.

In a little over 24 hours, I'll be walking from Chrystina's apartment in South Philly to 30th street station and getting on a bus. 24 hours later I'll be in Lexington, Kentucky meeting up with Carey. That night, I'll be staying at a stranger's house in Chicago just to wake up and keep driving across the country. Sometime next week I'll be living in Seattle, Washington. I can't really rap my mind around how big of an adventure this is. And it feels like it's been so long since I felt that free, traveling, no worries feeling. And as scared as I am, I'm so ready. It's always right.

No comments: