Monday, August 2, 2010

001.

I can't believe it's already the second day of August.

So my fears were proven wrong, I can't seem to easily rid the mindset they seemed to put me in though. I need to go right back to feeling as free as I have the past few months. It'll come, I'm just kind of moody today. Little noises seem to irritate me easily. I'm also not one for small talk the past few days. I can feel myself when I get in those moods, I respond with ha's, mm's and little "tttss" sounds. I just want to be in my own little head.

Friday night I went to a party in Newark with Melissa, Ashley and her boyfriend. It was definitely interesting. Fire breathing and thigns. Only later to end up a some bro's house for a bit too. He had puppies though! Which he said "they've been kicked plenty of times", which re-affirmed my dislike for people like that. There was also a cry fest with my best friend, I want that girl to realize she has the world...soon enough.

Saturday morning I went to Philly with Melissa, her sister, sister's boyfriend Andrew and their cousin Caroline. I got really good falafel from a place called Saad's in West Philly. Lizzy picked me up and I spent the next 4 hours, literally 4 hours, in Ikea with her and stayed over in NJ to help her move the next day.

I'm currently in Brooklyn still, we've been here since yesterday afternoon. I literally put almost her entire room together myself (bed frame, dressers, couch). And putting together Ikea furniture is not an easy task. We got Foodswings and sat on the roof looking at the city lights until 2 am though, drinking sparkling cider. I love more than anything the way it never fully gets dark in cities. The sky is always that familiar purple.

I'm very expectant of the next few weeks flying by. And while I'm excited to get to the end of the month, I'm nervous that I'm going to be surprised when it's here sooner than I expect and I run out of time to do everything I need or want to. Oh well, everything will work out how it should.

I leave in just a little over 3 weeks. 23 days.

"And if my heart just stops, keep me alive for a minute. I wanna know if a curtain drops."

2 comments: