Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fuckin' Vermont, man

Last night will go down as one of the best nights of my entire life. The last time I felt such strong nostalgia so soon after experiencing something was after United Blood Fest last march. It's when I know I experienced something that has changed me, I will never be the same after last night. I was to write so much about it, but I can't even think straight right now. Big things are going to happen.

Edit: Vermont-

There was something about the small town feeling, this little anarchist run cafe, and those kids in their winter clothes dancing around having the time of their lives, that changed something inside of me. I knew the trip to Vermont was going to be wonderful, but I wasn't expecting it to be the 'something' I've been searching for to help me get back to the place I want my mind to be. I finally know my plan for having no plan, and I'm content as ever with it. Those people that night, that boy and his guitar, the complete break down of all things trendy, stylish, or for a look or label or because it's "cool". I want to know where these kinds of kids are in my world. Do I have to move to Vermont to feel that way all the time? Because I will if that's what it takes. But there has to be kids like this is other places, I'm just not sure where to look. All I know is a lifestyle has never appealed to me quite as much, and I know where I belong. The smelly boys that don't shower, the girls in their mix-matched $5 outfits, the free dumpstered food..it's the most amazing place I have ever witnessed. The minute the show ended, I couldn't bare to walk out the door. I've never been less ready to leave anywhere in my entire life. I just kept asking Stacy, "It's not really over is it?" I didn't want it to end, I could of lived happily ever after dancing around that room with strangers to Nana Grizol.

Wingnut. I don't know how to explain the way he made me feel without sounding completely crazy. All I know is now I believe in something like love at first sight, something..something. I have never felt this way about a person in my whole life, and it has to mean something. Standing there hearing him play the songs I've spent the last 6 months listening to more than anything, I have NEVER felt as surreal. I wasn't expecting to see this boy who is everything I could possibly want. I have to see him again..

The entire trip was amazing. On the way, Stace and me stopped at this place on the Palisades Cliffs and climbed/looked over the Hudson. It was such an amazing view/place it set the mood for the entire day. If that's all we had done all day I would of been completely content with just that. But it only got so much better.

No comments: