Friday, May 20, 2011

July, July

You left about two hours ago. There's a pile of your things on my floor that you left behind and I feel like I might have to put it where I can't see it. I have to live my own life still and wade away the idea of consuming my thoughts with you, but I miss you already. Mostly from the thought of this extended period of time when I've spent every day the last few weeks holding your hand. I'm so thankful I'm leaving not far behind you and have so much to do until then because I'm not sure I know how to fall asleep without you beside me most nights. It's so strange how something can become so normal and used to so quickly. You left a sweater on the couch and as the sun starts to fall lower I put it on to keep away the cold and it smells just like you. It'll have to do for now. Those goodbye kisses meant everything, but soon I'll spend the rest of my summer with you, sleeping next to you in strangers houses, on the side of the road or anywhere else we my find ourselves. Two weeks is so much better than two months. Everything is falling into place, and as scared of this summer as I am, this has all been a long time coming. This is all makes no sense and too much sense.

See you soon.

Free free freeeeeeee!

No comments: