Sunday, April 12, 2009

4109

Last night was one of the best nights of the year. I can't entirely pin point why, it's just nights when I'm left with this one specific feeling. It's not even that amazing of a feeling, it's just genuine happiness. Optimism. Being happy seems like it should come easier, but it doesn't. So when a night rolls around where nothing is bringing me down, and when I leave and the exciting parts are over but I'm still completely fine..those are the nights that go down with the best in my book.

Anyways, my day and night consisted of waking up and getting ready, baking all the cupcakes for the night to accompany the cookies and brownies I baked the night before, and then decorated them all for CUT SHORT'S record release. I bake a ridiculous amount and by the end of the night every single last crumb was gone, it was a bigger success than I thought it'd be. And AJ told me if I start baking tons of Vegan things for his shows that he'll pay me. I guess Culinary school may be a good choice for me. We got to the show around 4:30, unloaded and chilled. SO MANY PEOPLE CAME OUT, and i've never seen that many people get into the set to date and the amount of merch I sold was ridiculous. I feel like a proud mom, I get so happy for my boys. Worlds, War Pigs, Strength For A Reason, Dead and Buried, and Mother of Mercy were the rest of the lineup. Not one band disappointed. After the show I took Tyler home and chilled with him and Orion for a bit and then went back down to Middletown around midnight to hang out with Stacy and Brittany. I love those girls so much and after last night, I'm so excited for what next year is going to consist of. And there's already talk of an apartment a year from now. We were up til about 5 in the morning just being completely ridiculous, I had tears rolling down my face a good portion of the time due to immense amounts of laughter and those are always the best times. This morning, or afternoon to be honest, we woke up, made pancakes, and had a candle lit breakfast. It was cute.

For the first time in a long time, I'm happy. And not just right now, in general. I've felt what I thought could be happiness again a few times in the past few months. But this is something different, and I have my hope back which is something I thought might of been gone for good.

No comments: