Thursday, January 22, 2009

January

The month has been exceptional, to sum it up in one word, and it's not even over yet.

to recap after the best new years ever:
a CUT SHORT show in Jersey near the shore that ended up being way more fun or a night than any of us expected-all the bands were ridiculously good, everyone was so friendly, we froze our asses off but i totally earned my title as merch girl, CUT SHORT played their best set to date, I got drug into the pit and fell and sprained my ankle (which resolted in me no calling/no showing for work the next morning. But do I still have a job? Of course.) but it didn't even matter because the vibe of the night was so fucking amazing, after the long drive home there was a stop at the eagle diner. Finally bought an Ipod and it's my baby, I've never wanted to take such good/careful care of anything before. Went to Arizona for a week. Stayed with Cecily the first two nights, then after an argument she kicked me out and I ended up staying at Kellie's the remainder of my trip, which honestly couldn't have been any better. I surprised myself by not caring one bit at the sudden demise of that friendship but shit happens and staying at Kellies was the best time I could of asked for. We went to a party, saw twilight, and just caught up after a year and a half-it was so nice. I spent 12 hours in the Vegas airport where an arab boy in his mid twenties tried to convince me to leave with him and I slept next to a possible homeless man- only those three things would coincide in my life. Came home for 12 hours and saw City and Colour with William Elliot Whitmore in Philly with Tyler, Zoe, and Amy; beyond amazing show and pretty swell night. Hung out with Andrew and Melissa, found the most epic looking asain restaurant that we'll make a day out of trying, and then Stacy before she went back to college- making gingerbread cookies, shopping at Kohls, laughing at things only the two of us would find funny, and playing ridiculous amounts of Guitar Hero 3. CUT SHORT had a show in Doylestown, and despite the horrible weather and me driving like a grandma because I was shakin' in my boots, it was a good night. If theres one thing I know, I love all my boys more than life itself. Some new people have come into my life that I can't wait to get to know better, and some people that I gave up on have surprisingly come back into it. I went to a yoga class, and for the time being working out is going to become a bigger part of my life.

I'm happy again, and this year, the few weeks I've seen so far, is showing so much promise and home and I can't wait for everything that is coming in the next few days, weeks, and months.

The rest of January is going to consist of working little, the title fight and balance and composure show, more yoga, going down south to hang out with Chrystina, Paulson's show, and visiting Stace in Philly and going to a kick ass Flea Market.

My car is basically falling apart, but I'll deal. It's getting fixed while we're in California (February 11th-18th), and not too many months from then I'll be getting a new one. And speaking of my California trip, I'm stoked on that as well.

Cheerio!

No comments: