Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Poplar Drive

I miss sitting on your cold kitchen floor at 3 in the morning, eatting fruity pebbles, talking about life. I miss afternoon naps on your couch after school sophmore year . I miss sitting on my spot on the counter while I make you cook me Cup O Noodles because I just can't do it right. I miss summer visits and the fact that you're one of very few people who I can go months, years even, with out seeing or talking and the minute we're toghether again, it's as if we had just hung out the day before. I miss how you always told me the truth, no matter how brutal, you never told me one single lie. But you always seemed to be able to tell me the truth in a way that made sense and made it not hurt at all. I miss my side of your comfy bed and laying around for hours reminencing about 6th grade or reading Chicken Soup to eachother hahah. I miss 15 hour movie nights(days), spending all day at the river eatting chullitos, and staying up all night just to watch Three's Company or Law and Order (even thought you've seen every episode). I miss your dad grabbing my feet, not letting go, while I sit extremely awkwardly and he yells at me when I try to move them. I miss your entire fucking family and how your house is one of the few places in the world where I feel completely at home. I miss nights out on the trampoline looking for ufos, sitting in your car before you could even drive it, and walking to best buy for a tooth bursh and mexican candy. I miss how we're so different yet so much the same, and how our lives are always going to be so different but I don't think anyone else will be able to quite understand what I mean without me ever having to open my mouth.

I miss what seven years gave this friendship.
And I'm so sorry I never call.

No comments: